Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chapter 5-MacDonald Creating Web sites

I've been working in Dreamweaver creating homepage... I have all mof my files in one folder, the header graphic I want to use is loaded and previewed via Dreamweaver looks good.. and compared to 640x480 and 800x600 screen sizes, it should be fine. (p. 112 How big is your window)

CSS-cascading style sheets to format the way all pages will look-same formatting

paragraph tag

line breaking tag

-Headings section titles: my sections I want to have:
Home
Cemeteries
Historical
Preservation
Tim's Article (this will change when he submits his title)
Gallery
Bibliography
contact and copyright at bottom of every page

-Lists/nesting lists: not sure if I will have any of these

-Special characters (p.134)

Chapter 6 Style Sheets
External-stored on sep file
Internal-embedded in doc
Inline-inserted into HTML tag line

(p.143) applying style sheets
-.css
-open up html file; link to css file in head section; save html file and open in browser
-Dreamweaver is building this auto as I go; I can view the CSS info by clicking on CSS tab on upper right corner; I manipulated inside Page Attributes: font-Verdana 14pt background color
-Web safe colors
-http://usabletype.com
-(p.165) Text Alignment and Spacing
-(p.167) left aligned, right aligned, centered, justified
-stacking photographs atop ea other/consider their margins/top/bottom etc
-borders/borderwidth/boders and margins or padding (p.171)
-hr (
width; 50%;
) = to use for separating sections out

Defining Style Sheet for your entire web site: (p.179)

Chapter 7: Adding graphics (p.181)

-img tag
-place images in sub folders
-img src="photo1.jpg"
alt="There's no picture, so all you get is this alternate text.">
-I didn't get this error when trying to upload my homepage via FuGu...however, i can view the pic and all right thru Dreamweaver preview to browser... still want to know it will work via FuGu
-my header graphic is 1026 width and 220 height

No comments: